Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why do a segment does not apply to all the freeform tables of the workspace?

Level 2

I am dealing with a behavior that it's when I introduce a segment in the workspace table at the beginning it only applies to the six summary numbers at the beginning and to the first freeform table. In the following ones it does not apply.

Could any one give me a clue on why this is happening?

Thanks for the help!

3 Accepted Solutions

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This would be really hard to diagnose without seeing it. The thing is, this is less likely to be an issue in Adobe, since I have never seen anyone else with this issue... (I for one have huge panels with many summaries and freeform tables and visualizations, and segments applied to the panel affect everything in the panel)

This is more likely to do with your tables and how you are building your segments. Would you be able to provide more context so that we can help you? If you don't feel comfortable sharing publicly, you can message me directly. 

View solution in original post

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is it possible that your workspace project consists of more than one Panel? I.e. your six summary numbers and the first freeform table are in one panel (indicated by the big boxed white area), and the rest of your visualisations are in other panels. If so, then yes, segments are applied at the panel-level, so only your first six summary numbers + freeform table in the panel where you applied the segment would reflect the segmented data.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah ok, yes, sometimes your segments will actually prevent some data from coming through, which can result in tables like you have... 

Sadly, the "Interpret zero as no value" doesn't help with you get to these "infinity%"

You can get a little fancy with your calculated metric to get rid of this....

Note, this sample is going to look really dumb, I just used a value divided by a static "0" to force an "infinity result".

Basically, if you add an IF function to your calculation like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1669647073530.png

Where I highlighted red, you put your calculation (duplicate the formula in both the logical_test AND the value_if_true [don't use page views alone like I have, I just needed a value to test with since I didn't have an example of your calculation]) - basically this will check if your formula comes back with a valid result, if it does, use the formula.

Then use a static number in the value_if_false of "0" (basically IF you get infinity, force the value to 0)

Now, your "Interpret zero as no value" should now prevent anything from showing in the column (again, my silly calculation results in a really odd display)

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1669647433210.png

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1669647451818.png

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This would be really hard to diagnose without seeing it. The thing is, this is less likely to be an issue in Adobe, since I have never seen anyone else with this issue... (I for one have huge panels with many summaries and freeform tables and visualizations, and segments applied to the panel affect everything in the panel)

This is more likely to do with your tables and how you are building your segments. Would you be able to provide more context so that we can help you? If you don't feel comfortable sharing publicly, you can message me directly. 

Level 2

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply and sorry first of all in my delay on answering you. I have solved one of the parts but now I have the following problem when it filters it shows me activities with metrics with %Infinity%. This is because there is no information. At the end what I want to do is to hide the values that appear with %Infinity% and show only the one that it is required.

ccg1706_0-1669634313893.png

Would you be so kind to give me a clue?

Kind regards.

Celia

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah ok, yes, sometimes your segments will actually prevent some data from coming through, which can result in tables like you have... 

Sadly, the "Interpret zero as no value" doesn't help with you get to these "infinity%"

You can get a little fancy with your calculated metric to get rid of this....

Note, this sample is going to look really dumb, I just used a value divided by a static "0" to force an "infinity result".

Basically, if you add an IF function to your calculation like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1669647073530.png

Where I highlighted red, you put your calculation (duplicate the formula in both the logical_test AND the value_if_true [don't use page views alone like I have, I just needed a value to test with since I didn't have an example of your calculation]) - basically this will check if your formula comes back with a valid result, if it does, use the formula.

Then use a static number in the value_if_false of "0" (basically IF you get infinity, force the value to 0)

Now, your "Interpret zero as no value" should now prevent anything from showing in the column (again, my silly calculation results in a really odd display)

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1669647433210.png

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1669647451818.png

Level 2

Hello Jennifer, 

Thanks for your clear explanation. I was able to solve it.

Have a nice day!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is it possible that your workspace project consists of more than one Panel? I.e. your six summary numbers and the first freeform table are in one panel (indicated by the big boxed white area), and the rest of your visualisations are in other panels. If so, then yes, segments are applied at the panel-level, so only your first six summary numbers + freeform table in the panel where you applied the segment would reflect the segmented data.