Expand my Community achievements bar.

What's the official definition to create visit_id from Adobe Data Feed(ADF)

Level 2

@Jennifer_Dungan

In response to your last post on how to do exclusions based on visit-level exclusions, I wanted to follow up with you on we can implement correctly the definition of visit_id. 

Based on what I read somewhere on Adobe pages, I found the following definition. 

Visit_id = Concatenate PostVisidHigh, PostVisidLow, VisitNumber, and VisitStartTimeGmt

I wonder if it's correct. Somehow our measures created for # of visits, which is counting visit ids, is dramatically greater than what I see in Adobe Analytics for the same time frame. 

4 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @dpong8868 ,

yes the formula that you found is correct. 

When you are comparing the data to workspace, is it a VRS that you're using? You need to make sure to replicate any segments that are impacting the data in workspace to your data feeds as well, otherwise the data will not match up. If you have any segments excluding traffic from certain regions, bot traffic, other factors, etc. You need to take those into consideration.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

A VRS is a virtual report suite. It differs from a normal report suite in that it has a number of segments applied to the data (also, you can curate them and only show some of the available dimensions instead of all of them). 

If you aren't sure if the report suite you're comparing the data feeds to is a VRS or not, check with one of your admins. They can tell you whether or not it is.

Community Advisor

It seems that you want to count the visit number with help of Visit_id. If this is the case then please count the distinct visit_id count instead of all visit_id count. 

You can also get the visit count simply by distinct count of visit_num. 

Hope this will help.