Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Capturing data from request header for t and tl calls

Level 2

Hey, we have a use case where, the development team is appending certain values to the request header and i was wondering if there is a way to capture the value and set it in an eVar or Prop value.

Either by processing rules or vista rules.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you mean your developers are appending values to the request headers of the s.t and s.tl calls themselves? Are you using some sort of custom implementation?

I don't believe this is possible... At least not without getting Adobe Engineering involved... Processing Rules don't have deep functionality to read request headers.

It's possible that this might be something a VISTA rule can do, but getting a VISTA rule configured will be an extra charge, since you need Adobe Engineers to create a custom rule for you. I'm not even sure if this would be possible, you would have to contact Adobe to find out.

Now, if you mean your developers have custom header data on your pages, and you need to capture that in your s.t and s.tl calls, that is different. While only limited Header info is available via JS, your developers could create a middleware to read the custom headers and set those values into a JS object on that page that you can read with Launch.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you mean your developers are appending values to the request headers of the s.t and s.tl calls themselves? Are you using some sort of custom implementation?

I don't believe this is possible... At least not without getting Adobe Engineering involved... Processing Rules don't have deep functionality to read request headers.

It's possible that this might be something a VISTA rule can do, but getting a VISTA rule configured will be an extra charge, since you need Adobe Engineers to create a custom rule for you. I'm not even sure if this would be possible, you would have to contact Adobe to find out.

Now, if you mean your developers have custom header data on your pages, and you need to capture that in your s.t and s.tl calls, that is different. While only limited Header info is available via JS, your developers could create a middleware to read the custom headers and set those values into a JS object on that page that you can read with Launch.

Level 2

HI @Jennifer_Dungan ,

We indeed want to reach the header information from t and tl calls and set values into an variable using vista and processing rules. 

I wanted to know if someone has already done so using Vista rule. We will engage the PS and get some answers here.

This are some specials headers we want to append to t and tl calls from our AKAMAI servers.

Community Advisor

OK, got it. I have not seen this specific custom use case, but I feel that your best bet would be VISTA rules.

Good luck.

Level 2

Yes, we got confirmation from the Adobe that this can be done using vista rules. Thanks for all the help !