Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

What is the difference between referrers and referring domain report in Adobe Analytics?

Level 5

Is there any difference between referrers report and referring domain report in Adobe Analytics. I can see both the reports are under Acquisition. 

RashidJorvee_0-1629982445395.png

Thank you in advance.

Rashid

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Referring domain:
The ‘Referring domain’ dimension reports which domains visitors click through to reach your site. This dimension is useful to understand which third-party sites drive the most traffic to yours

Referrer :
The ‘Referrer’ dimension reports which URLs visitors were on when clicking through to reach your site. This dimension is useful to understand which specific URLs drive the most traffic to your site.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Referring domain report 

lists domain name in ranked order

yahoo.com

gooogle.com

etc....

referrers report looks at the unique referring URLs that brought users to your site. Often will be serp results urls 

Think of domains as high level and referrers as specific urls.

good luck.

Level 2

The ‘Referring domain’ dimension reports which domains visitors click through to reach your site. This dimension is useful to understand which third-party sites drive the most traffic to yours. A link must exist on the external site and a visitor must click it in order for the dimension item to show up.Referrers have query and strings included path details. .

Employee Advisor

Referring domains are just domain. Referrers have path and query strings included.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Referring domain:
The ‘Referring domain’ dimension reports which domains visitors click through to reach your site. This dimension is useful to understand which third-party sites drive the most traffic to yours

Referrer :
The ‘Referrer’ dimension reports which URLs visitors were on when clicking through to reach your site. This dimension is useful to understand which specific URLs drive the most traffic to your site.

Community Advisor

Well, I accidentally hit the "Me Too" button, but really, all I wanted to say was all of these answers are perfectly good.  Just think of it this way:

• Referring domains are a roll-up of the domains (high level) listed in the larger list of all the Referrers (more granular).

Hope you found the answer you needed.

Jeff Bloomer