Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

What is the difference between Activity Conversion and Activity Conversion "Same touch"?

Level 2

Hi,

I'm using A4T and i've seen that the report uses Activity Conversion "Same touch". But when I compared it with the metric Activity Conversion only, there is some difference between the numbers. I would like to know what is the difference between the 2 metrics.

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"Reports & Analytics applies a same-touch attribution model to “activity impressions” and “activity conversions,” whereas Analysis Workspace displays the raw metrics, which can appear inflated due to persistence of the Target dimension.

To evaluate accurate Activity Impressions and Activity Conversions metrics in Analysis Workspace, ensure that both metrics have Same Touch attribution models applied. Models can be applied by clicking the column settings gear, enabling Non-default attribution models, then selecting Same Touch. Learn more about attribution in Attributes IQ overview in the Analytics Tools Guide."
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/a4t/a4t-faq/a4t-faq-viewing-reports.h... 

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"Reports & Analytics applies a same-touch attribution model to “activity impressions” and “activity conversions,” whereas Analysis Workspace displays the raw metrics, which can appear inflated due to persistence of the Target dimension.

To evaluate accurate Activity Impressions and Activity Conversions metrics in Analysis Workspace, ensure that both metrics have Same Touch attribution models applied. Models can be applied by clicking the column settings gear, enabling Non-default attribution models, then selecting Same Touch. Learn more about attribution in Attributes IQ overview in the Analytics Tools Guide."
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/a4t/a4t-faq/a4t-faq-viewing-reports.h... 

Jeff Bloomer

Level 1

hi 

Im not clear on the difference or on the definition of "Activity Conversion Same touch" and "Conversion rate" on adobe analytics.

can you help me ??

Community Advisor

Conversion Rate typically involves a Primary success metric - like Orders - and then dividing it by a number like Visits or Unique Visitors, depending on the kind of Conversion Rate you're trying to convey.  More often than not, I typically lean toward Unique Visitors as my denominator.  Then, your numerator for your Conversion rate is the Success Metric you're trying to understand what your customers are converting against.

To really understand First Touch attribution, the easiest thing to do is review this page:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/attribution/models.html...

Does this make sense?

Jeff Bloomer