Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

WEBSDK: Add xdm.web.webInteraction.name to automatic web.webInteraction.linkClicks

Level 1

Hello everyone,

We are currently using "Click data collection" to track links automatically. However, we would like to add the page name and a custom dimension, which are available as data elements, to the network call. I have attempted to add them using this code in "On before link click send callback," but haven't succeeded.

Can someone help me out here? Am I in the right place for this? 

Thank you.

mikipk_0-1700145578799.png

if (content.clickedElement /* add any other conditions you need */) {
        content.xdm.web.webInteraction.name = _satellite.getVar('pageName');  
        content.xdm.CustomDimensions.Evars.eVar1 = _satellite.getVar('pageName'); 
    }

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Unfortunatly this is not possible, look here:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-data/can-you-manually-set...

in any case, it should be

content.xdm._experience.analytics.customDimensions.eVars.eVar1

but it's not available

Level 2

Hello @mikipk is this still an issue for you?

Level 2

@mikipk @mauriziocoroadobe I have posted a solution to this on another post, hopefully you find it useful, you can find this within the comments section

Solved: Re: Can you manually set Analytics events/eVars in... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...