Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Voice Search Visits' data from voice search devices and the search engines they use in Adobe Analytics

Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is there a possibility to create a Dashboard in Workspace in Adobe Analytics and see the actual Voice Search Visits' data from Google, Alexa etc.?

For example, if someone visits site via Siri or Alexa, how to attribute this kind of traffic from the rest?

We have checked the information about voice app implementation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/other/digital-assistants.html?lang=... , but we want to see all the traffic from Voice Search (voice search devices and the search engines they use).

Thanks in advance,

Olga

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

We use campaigns for more than just marketing/advertising... like this use case... any push notifications that are driven by speakable to send people to our site from news briefs are captured via the appended UTMs to indicate these sources (the UTMs are captured in Adobe and we have a report to show at least incoming traffic from those particular sources)....  this is the only tracking I have so far when it comes to Smart Speaker content....

Our News Briefs aren't paid... there's no advertising around them...on a smart speaker, people just say "[trigger] give me news for [location]"... If we have relevant content that comes up for those users, they are read by the smart speaker (we can't track that though... it's outside the reachable tracking area - like Google Search Results). However, the smart speaker will ask if people want the content pushed to their phones... if they do, we have the campaigns as part of the push notification link so that we can track the traffic from that source.

As I said, this is only one small part of the overall....

The article you referenced in your original post looks more like how to add tracking to a smart device app... so that you can actually track the use of certain commands within your own app. Which based on your "if someone visits site via Siri or Alexa" doesn't sound like that documentation is what you are looking for (but maybe I am mis-reading your question).

This is a such a new thing, it's going to take time for us all to figure stuff out... if you do find another piece of the puzzle, I encourage you to share it here (or in a discussion) so that you can help other people in the same situation.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't know if this will cover all your needs... I work for a news publisher, and we just started getting into Siri and Alexa news briefs.... if the user chooses to, the story brief that is read aloud to the user can be sent via push notification to their phone to open the actual article from there... 

We are using Speakable for this.

And while we can't track the actual audio briefs (since it's the equivalent of a search result page with a small sample of data available), we are appending Campaign Data to the push notifications that get sent... so at least we can attribute those actual views/visits/etc back to our audio briefs.

I think this is only a small piece of the overall... but it might be a place for you to start as well?

Hi, JDungan!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience!
Still we wanted to know if this is possible in Adobe Analytics, plus the issue is more related to SEO tasks rather than advertising activity.

Thank You!

Olga

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

We use campaigns for more than just marketing/advertising... like this use case... any push notifications that are driven by speakable to send people to our site from news briefs are captured via the appended UTMs to indicate these sources (the UTMs are captured in Adobe and we have a report to show at least incoming traffic from those particular sources)....  this is the only tracking I have so far when it comes to Smart Speaker content....

Our News Briefs aren't paid... there's no advertising around them...on a smart speaker, people just say "[trigger] give me news for [location]"... If we have relevant content that comes up for those users, they are read by the smart speaker (we can't track that though... it's outside the reachable tracking area - like Google Search Results). However, the smart speaker will ask if people want the content pushed to their phones... if they do, we have the campaigns as part of the push notification link so that we can track the traffic from that source.

As I said, this is only one small part of the overall....

The article you referenced in your original post looks more like how to add tracking to a smart device app... so that you can actually track the use of certain commands within your own app. Which based on your "if someone visits site via Siri or Alexa" doesn't sound like that documentation is what you are looking for (but maybe I am mis-reading your question).

This is a such a new thing, it's going to take time for us all to figure stuff out... if you do find another piece of the puzzle, I encourage you to share it here (or in a discussion) so that you can help other people in the same situation.