Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visualizations - editing or managing default colors

Level 1

I've created two donut visualizations on my dashboard to see the overall traffic to my site based on mobile devices, and then the same comparison on a specific campaign page I am promoting via social media.  The resulting donut visualizations default with either green or blue but they are representing exactly the opposite dimensions by color when looking between them - terribly confusing. Try as I might - I can't invert the colors to show the same dimension, even re-ordering the segments so they are hierarchically opposite.  There's no apparent rhyme or reason to this.  Editing colors would also seem to be an easy and effective enhancement for visualizations, any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this can be done since donuts will show the biggest value first. so having "opposites" will invert the order (and color) as you already figured out.

I assume you tried to sort by "segment name" (instead of a metric), but I don't think this will help.

maybe you choose another visualization for the second chart? or can you bring both in the same chart?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this can be done since donuts will show the biggest value first. so having "opposites" will invert the order (and color) as you already figured out.

I assume you tried to sort by "segment name" (instead of a metric), but I don't think this will help.

maybe you choose another visualization for the second chart? or can you bring both in the same chart?