Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

'Visit' under Fallout Report 'Visitor Container'

Level 2

Hi there,

For my fallout report,

Firstly 'Visitor' container is applied,

panj75843567_0-1615452090656.png

And then I insert two 'Visit' container segment as checkpoint below:

One is 'Home' page, the other is 'CS' page

here I wonder under this fallout funnel, the visit of 'Home' and Visit of 'CS' are two separate visits ?

I mean is it just showing visitor who visit 'Home' in A visit and then visit 'CS' in B visit ?

( So it's not including the case that visitor visit 'Home' then 'CS' in the same visit)

panj75843567_1-1615452139338.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@panj75843567 ,

As I have always seen it, the Visitor container as the largest of the three (Hit/Visit/Visitor) and would carry beyond a single visit, which would invalidate your segment.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding, which means my answer could be wrong, but would you not want to keep your overarching container set to VISIT to measure the Unique Visitors falling out of your funnel?  I may also be oversimplifying, but that is my two cents.

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Given the issue description, I think it can be any visits and not necessarily the same visit for the visitor.

Level 2

Hello ishans,

Thanks for your reach~

Or maybe let me ask your kindly help in this way,
is it for below sequential segment, the two 'VISIT' container represent two different visit ?
(So it must be visitor that visit uk:xbu:home in A VISIT then visit CS page in B VISIT ?

if visitor only visit uk:xbu:home and CS page in A VISIT, but not visit CS page in B VISIT; then it won't be counted right ? )

panj75843567_1-1615514311563.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@panj75843567 ,

As I have always seen it, the Visitor container as the largest of the three (Hit/Visit/Visitor) and would carry beyond a single visit, which would invalidate your segment.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding, which means my answer could be wrong, but would you not want to keep your overarching container set to VISIT to measure the Unique Visitors falling out of your funnel?  I may also be oversimplifying, but that is my two cents.

Jeff Bloomer