Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Visit_id count in Adobe feed

Level 2

Hi, I am trying to match the number of visits per day that I see in Adobe Workspace with the data from the Adobe feed.

I need to do it by platform - web and app. I am using the following rule to count the visits in the feed: 

count (distinct  POST_VISID_HIGH||POST_VISID_LOW||VISIT_NUM||VISIT_START_TIME_GMT)

It works very well for the web (the difference is minimal), but for the app it is not as great. Workspace always shows around 2-3% more app visits than the feed.

It is like those visits are missing from the feed. The filters for the app and web traffic are applied exactly like we do in in Adobe.

Should I consider anything else when it comes to the app traffic?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Kate

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Question: do you have a delay on your data feeds? Keep in mind that data may still be processing when your feeds are sent, meaning that you could be missing some data at the end of the day / end of the hour / etc (depending on your feed frequency).

What you have should be good though... you could try looking at the Launches (lifecycle metrics) of the mobile app... while that should be helping to drive your Visit Num, maybe there is some extra processing on the Adobe side that we are unaware of....