Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Viewing referrers

Level 1

Can someone explain to me how to set up a panel in workspace to view referrers to a specific page? I had this setup prior to an account transition that wiped everything clean. If I recall, it was a combination of dimension, metric, and a right click menu item I don't recall.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you mean where the page in question was the Entry (a.k.a. landing) page and you want to report on the external referrers, then try this:

1. Create a freeform table.
  2. Drag the "Entries" metric into the table's columns area.
  3. In your Pages dimension, search for the page in question and drag it into the table's rows area. The table now reports the number of visits to this page where this page was the Entry (a.k.a. landing) page for the visits.
  4. Break down the Page by the Referrer dimension.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you mean where the page in question was the Entry (a.k.a. landing) page and you want to report on the external referrers, then try this:

1. Create a freeform table.
  2. Drag the "Entries" metric into the table's columns area.
  3. In your Pages dimension, search for the page in question and drag it into the table's rows area. The table now reports the number of visits to this page where this page was the Entry (a.k.a. landing) page for the visits.
  4. Break down the Page by the Referrer dimension.