Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Variables Persisting Issue

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have an DTM Implementation have an issue with Direct call rules variables persisting.

I have two DCR Rules One with a Product which is Merit and other Product without Merit.

When user clicks the Product with Merit it should fire an event 30 and its related variables varx.

When user clicks on the product without Merit is should only fire the event30.

The issue is when user clicks on the Merit product and later the user clicks on NonMerit Product it should only fire event30 but not the variables of the Merit Product.

Will this issue can be mitigated by using the clearvars() If yes can someone help me how to use this.

Help is appreciated !

Thanks,

Balakrishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @balakrishnad200 ,

Please see the the post here for a deeper explanation of clearvars().

Variable expiration can be set within the Report Suite Mgmt admin section, and you can set the expiration to be on a hit (effectively making it a prop).

Depending on your business requirements, it might be sufficient to just use a prop (or hit-level expiration variable). The main point of having variables persist are to help determine which actions on your property are leading up to a success even (in this case event 30). Unless there are other success events (like maybe user registration), there might not be a need to attribute the Merit button to any other events. Even if there are other success events, you could store this in both a persisting variable as well as a hit expiration variable, and use them each for different reporting requirements.

Hope this helps,

JKM

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @balakrishnad200 ,

Please see the the post here for a deeper explanation of clearvars().

Variable expiration can be set within the Report Suite Mgmt admin section, and you can set the expiration to be on a hit (effectively making it a prop).

Depending on your business requirements, it might be sufficient to just use a prop (or hit-level expiration variable). The main point of having variables persist are to help determine which actions on your property are leading up to a success even (in this case event 30). Unless there are other success events (like maybe user registration), there might not be a need to attribute the Merit button to any other events. Even if there are other success events, you could store this in both a persisting variable as well as a hit expiration variable, and use them each for different reporting requirements.

Hope this helps,

JKM