Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Using segments with Time on Site

Level 1

I am trying to answer: What is the average time people spend in this area of the site per visit?

I am not trying to answer: If someone visits this area of the site, what is their average time per visit across the our entire site.

I've created a segment that includes every type of hit (custom links and page hits) for that portion of the site.

When applied as a segment to the days, I get 19:40 as the average time on site:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 1.16.24 PM.png

When I use the segment as a dimension, I get this 3:13:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 1.16.48 PM.png

 Which one is correct and what is the difference between the two? Since it is a Hit segment, I would have thought this would be the same.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Several months ago I was helping someone else with an issue with Average Time and Custom Date Ranges:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/time-spent-and-segment/m-...

Time metrics are all calculated off timestamps, but they don't always work well with Custom Date Ranges / Segments.

Try creating a calculated metric like this:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1701487973040.png

See if that works more consistently?