Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Use same eVar for different events

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

I have a basic question related to eVars and events, I'm new to Adobe Analytics so wanted to understand this scenario.

We have one eVar1 to track the position of different components on pages of website and we have corresponding event1 also when user clicks on those components.

Now we have one event2 to track the add to cart action and event3 to track the remove from cart action and in these both user actions we need to track the position of the added/removed product also

So I want to know if  can I use the same eVar1 to track the product position when product is added to and remove from cart and here would be no impact on reporting ?
I could use the corresponding event against this eVar1 to get the data in workspace for the particular scenario (component clicked, cart adition and cart removal) and by using same eVar in above three scenarios will not mix up the data.

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ambikaTewari_ATCI I am not familiar with the position of the product or position of added product. But in terms of eVars and events, you can use one eVar for multiple events. Let's say you want to get the position of component clicked in reporting, breakdown event1 by eVar1. Same thing applies for event2 and event3.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ambikaTewari_ATCI I am not familiar with the position of the product or position of added product. But in terms of eVars and events, you can use one eVar for multiple events. Let's say you want to get the position of component clicked in reporting, breakdown event1 by eVar1. Same thing applies for event2 and event3.