Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Updating Extensions for a Property

Level 2

I have an older property where we are using javascript files loaded on the site. When I look at the extensions in the Adobe Experience Platform they are older... if I click upgrade and make adjustments, does it break anything with the existing configuration until I switch over to the new version? The new version would be hosted by Adobe and will be updated evars, etc...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While extension developers generally strive to be backwards compatible (and Adobe does enforce this to some extent when extension updates are submitted to the catalog), the onus is on you to test your implementation after any extension updates to ensure that all of your tracking is still working as expected. This applies when updating Adobe's extensions too.

FYI I develop several extensions (e.g. YouTube Playback, Web Vitals, etc.) and do my utmost to ensure that I don't break legacy code. But I can't speak for all extension developers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While extension developers generally strive to be backwards compatible (and Adobe does enforce this to some extent when extension updates are submitted to the catalog), the onus is on you to test your implementation after any extension updates to ensure that all of your tracking is still working as expected. This applies when updating Adobe's extensions too.

FYI I develop several extensions (e.g. YouTube Playback, Web Vitals, etc.) and do my utmost to ensure that I don't break legacy code. But I can't speak for all extension developers.