Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Unpublish a Segment that is in use

Level 2

I'm looking to remove some of our inactive segments that were created for Adobe Target. The XT test using these segments are no longer running and we are trying to limit the number of published segments as much as possible. When I attempt to unpublish a segment, I receive the error message "One or more segments failed to unpublish because they are currently used in one or more Experience Cloud solutions. Please remove the dependency in your Experience Cloud solutions and try again."

Do you know what in use refers to because again we are no longer using these segments in a test. Could in use also mean that these segments are being utilized within analysis workspace reports?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

When a segment is shared to the experience cloud, a "trait" and "segment" are created in the Audience Manager system. If you have access to Audience Manager as part of your contract, you can review these common scenarios and remove any unwanted dependencies.  Once removed, the segment can be unpublished/deleted in Analytics.
This can be done from the Audience Manager UI. Please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Destinations in audience data. Once destinations are opened, choose the desired destination from which you want to un-map segments and click on edit.

2. In the segment mappings section, select the desired segment which you want to un-map and click on remove selected.

3. Click on Delete in dialog box and segment will be un-mapped from the destination.

4. Click on Done to save the changes.

Now, you will be able to unpublish the segment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Are you using any other products besides Target? I am thinking maybe there are workspaces built out with these segments. 

Correct answer by
Employee

When a segment is shared to the experience cloud, a "trait" and "segment" are created in the Audience Manager system. If you have access to Audience Manager as part of your contract, you can review these common scenarios and remove any unwanted dependencies.  Once removed, the segment can be unpublished/deleted in Analytics.
This can be done from the Audience Manager UI. Please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Destinations in audience data. Once destinations are opened, choose the desired destination from which you want to un-map segments and click on edit.

2. In the segment mappings section, select the desired segment which you want to un-map and click on remove selected.

3. Click on Delete in dialog box and segment will be un-mapped from the destination.

4. Click on Done to save the changes.

Now, you will be able to unpublish the segment.

Level 1

Hi, I am currently facing the same issue right now being unable to delete/unpublish segment.

I have removed the segment from all Target Activities and yet I am still faced with the same problem.

And I do not have access to Audience Manager, and hence cannot unmap the segments.

Hope there is another solution for me to make this work.

Thank you very much for your help.