Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unique Visitors percent count does not add up to 100%

Employee

Hello Experts,

I am plotting a "Unique Visitors" data across "Average time spent". But "Unique Visitors" percentage does not add up to 100%.

Can someone explain why is that?

I was expecting I will get a distribution of all 100% of unique visitors about how much average time they spent on website. Any clues how I can achieve it.

Please see attached screenshot.

Mukulanalytics.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Imagine a user visits your site today for 10 minutes. Then tomorrow he comes back and stays for 30 minutes. The next day he only visits for less than a minute.

This is all a single unique visitor, but each of his 3 visits fell into different buckets.

Compare sum of line items to report total

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

did you check for the bounces? a think if a visitor just visited once and saw just one page, there is no „time spent“ and therefore missed in the list.

you could try to check by creating a segment:

visitor has „time spent“ greater than 0

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Imagine a user visits your site today for 10 minutes. Then tomorrow he comes back and stays for 30 minutes. The next day he only visits for less than a minute.

This is all a single unique visitor, but each of his 3 visits fell into different buckets.

Compare sum of line items to report total