Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Unexpected Referrer - amazon-adsystem.com

Level 2

Hi,

I was checking for campaign data which was run by using DV360.

As per the configuration and expectation the referring domain should be googleapis.com.

But along with googleapis.com the amazon-adsystem.com is there in the report for the same campaign.

Can anyone help me to understand why this is there and should I include it in reporting or not ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Referring domain that AA reports depends on the referring URL that the user's browser had set by itself. It is possible that in your case, your advertisements had been shown through Amazon's ad system. So when some users arrived at your website, their web browsers had set amazon-adsystem.com as the referring URL. Unfortunately, you can't control how users' browsers work.

I think your best option is to ensure that you are using campaign tracking codes with all of your advertisements, then configure-and-rely on Marketing Channels to help you report on the effectiveness of your DV360 display campaigns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Referring domain that AA reports depends on the referring URL that the user's browser had set by itself. It is possible that in your case, your advertisements had been shown through Amazon's ad system. So when some users arrived at your website, their web browsers had set amazon-adsystem.com as the referring URL. Unfortunately, you can't control how users' browsers work.

I think your best option is to ensure that you are using campaign tracking codes with all of your advertisements, then configure-and-rely on Marketing Channels to help you report on the effectiveness of your DV360 display campaigns.