Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Uncompressed versions?

Level 1

Is it possible to obtain uncompressed versions of AppMeasurement.js and VisitorAPI.js anywhere?

I need to be able to modify these slightly to adhere to my sites security policy.

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Dominic,

Have you reached Customer Care to understand if there is an existing uncompressed version of App Measurement and Visitor API?

But pretty not sure whether Adobe can provide the code. Check out and keep us posted as well.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

i guess you could probably use an online tool like unminify to unminify it and minify it back again.

but is it advisable to change it ?

Level 1

Unminified code is not the same as source code. So if at all possible I would like the annotated source.

It doesn't work in it's current state so I either have to change it or not use it. For example, one of the security requirements is that all variables are attached to the window object rather than left as global variables. VisitorAPI does this but appMeasurement.js does not. I've added these to the window object but now I'm running into problems with appMeasurement.js use of setTimeout (at least I think that is what it is).

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Dominic,

Have you reached Customer Care to understand if there is an existing uncompressed version of App Measurement and Visitor API?

But pretty not sure whether Adobe can provide the code. Check out and keep us posted as well.

Thank You!

Arun