Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Two similar server calls are generated on page load

Level 1

Hello Adobe,

I may not be looking it at right place, but when I load my page, it triggers two server calls with same information. One call appears from Rule as it shows pageview event1 but the other call has similar information except event1. 

The only difference between calls are event1. The other one has started showing up from last week.

Can someone tell me what could be the possible issue? image.png

MK2886_0-1669630134434.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Like Ravi mentioned, go into debug mode , in console then try and view any rules that fire to see the offending rules.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

@MK2886,try setting clear variables after once you send beacon in adobe analytics step as last step of your rule

Level 1

All the rules where we have Send Beacon have Clear Variables. We have also recently updated the Extensions : Adobe Analytics, Core. Could this have anything to do with additional call?

Community Advisor

Check in console tab of browser enable debugging and look to see what rules are firing. If more than one rule you can then see if they are rules involving a pageview or not.

Is the first page you are looking at a single page app? SPA

If it is on first pageload its not uncommon for double fires so additional logic may be needed to remove duplicate.

Level 1

Hi Pablo,

The 2 identical sever calls are happening on all the page loads (not SPA). The only difference are the events and v30.

Both the rules from where all these variables are set, doesn't have beacon. Rules are as below:

Rule 1:
Events : - page Bottom or direct call

Action : Set variables

Rule 2: 

Events : Page bottom

Action : Set Variables.

What would be recommended? Should I remove Rule variables from the one we don't need or set beacon + clear variables.? Or is there any other way to look into this. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Like Ravi mentioned, go into debug mode , in console then try and view any rules that fire to see the offending rules.

Level 2

Please do the debuggin in debug mode on and see if two rules are getting triggered. 

Level 1

Thank you Ravi,

With your suggestion I was able to identify the rule that was firing additionally and just stopped sending Beacon and removed Set Variables.
This resolved the issue. Thanks!