Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking

Level 1

Hi,

I am new to SiteCatalyst. I have a requirement to track how many users logged into site per hour and the other requirement is how many users logged in per day. Please suggest some ideas to do it.

Thanks in advance,

krishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use an event which will increment each time a user logs in i.e: s.events="event1"

On addition to that you can use an eVar to track if the user is logged in or not, so you can see later on see if user completed a task while logged in

So the code when the customer logged in will be :

s.eVar1="logged in";

s.events="event1"

When the user is not logged in the eVar1 will have the value logged out.

Once you have implemented that you can run the Site metrics >> custom events .... and set at the top of the report view by hour, or day or week or month. This will give you how many times there were a loggin.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use an event which will increment each time a user logs in i.e: s.events="event1"

On addition to that you can use an eVar to track if the user is logged in or not, so you can see later on see if user completed a task while logged in

So the code when the customer logged in will be :

s.eVar1="logged in";

s.events="event1"

When the user is not logged in the eVar1 will have the value logged out.

Once you have implemented that you can run the Site metrics >> custom events .... and set at the top of the report view by hour, or day or week or month. This will give you how many times there were a loggin.