Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking returning visitors that carried out a behaviour (possibly) outside the date range

Level 2

Hello,

Before I go on, this is tricky to explain so please bear with me!

So.... here is the scenario I am trying to record monitor....

1) User visits page A (e.g. product)

2) User does not visit page B (e.g. purchased)

3) User returns to the website and visits page C (e.g landing page)

My aim is to find out how many users visited a specific product page, did not purchase the product, and then returned to the website (this either in the same visit or in a future one). Though this is easy to create as a segment..... I have found myself restricted to the date range in the top right of the freeform table.

1471296_pastedImage_2.png

What I would like to do is only have step 3 driven by the date range in the top right and have steps 1-2 having occurred within the last 30 days of the day on which step 3 happened.

Hope I have made myself clear... if not... please do ask questions!

Thanks in advance,

Max

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You could create a whole bunch of custom date ranges (relative to current day), then put those in a bunch of segments, then use each segment as a separate line item in your workspace. It would be a lot of work up front, but once you have the number of days you want to trend, it would work from then on out.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you already have the segment created, put the date range in the upper right to how far you want to look back, then use the date component in workspace as a dimension to only display the range you want to look at.

Level 2

Hi Gigazelle,

Not quite sure I follow.

However, I've had another stab at it and the below MIGHT do what I want it to do...

1478132_pastedImage_1.png

Am I correct in saying that the above segment is looking at all customers that visit "PAGE A" in the last 30 days and then visited "PAGE B" yesterday only?

Thanks,

Max

Employee Advisor

Change the 'And' dropdown between the two segments to say 'Then', and you'd be golden.

Level 2

Fantastic! To trend this data over time is it just a case of having to amend the segment over and over again? Is there a faster way?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You could create a whole bunch of custom date ranges (relative to current day), then put those in a bunch of segments, then use each segment as a separate line item in your workspace. It would be a lot of work up front, but once you have the number of days you want to trend, it would work from then on out.

Level 2

Not ideal... but certainly a workaround, thanks Gigazelle!