Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking code Dimension Says unspecified.

Level 1

Hello, 

I have an sProp that captures the entry url when someone visits the site. The url shows that the campaign code string is correctly preceded by the "?cid=" parameter. However when I break the Entry URL prop down with the Tracking code dimension, I get "Unspecified". Is this normal? What could be causing this? I would greatly appreciate some help. 

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The 'Unspecified' line item can appear in the reports when you trying to break down Prop with the Tracking Code dimension because there can instances or visits where the value of Prop was set but not Tracking Code was available in that hit or a Visit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

The 'Unspecified' line item can appear in the reports when you trying to break down Prop with the Tracking Code dimension because there can instances or visits where the value of Prop was set but not Tracking Code was available in that hit or a Visit.

Level 1

Hello @kainth can you please give any example of a scenario where the entry url will later be set, outside of the the first instance when a user starts a new visit session.