Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking Code (Campaign Variable) instances

Level 1

Hi,

I am try to debug Marketing Channels processing rules logic that are based on Tracking codes (or campaign variable) and normally i would breakdown Marketing Channels with the Tracking code dimension using Tracking code Instances as metric to understand if when a specific tracking code value is passed, is assign the correct channel.

However i can't seem to find Tracking Code or Campaign instances as a metric...i have it for all active eVars but not for tracking code.

I haven't used Adobe Analytics in a few years, have this metric being renamed or not available in workspace anymore?

Thanks for support

Filipe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Ok, so problem solved after Adobe Support reply.

Apparently if you use the default name for the campaign variable (and do not change it), the dimensions and classifications will appear as "Tracking Code", however the metric appears as "Campaign Click Throughs".

Once you rename the campaign variable to some custom name, the metric is also renamed accordingly.

So i suppose it is a small bug from Adobe side that keeps different naming for that metric vs the variable unless you choose a custom name.

Anyway, problem solved.

Thanks for support

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

The metric "Tracking Code Instance" exists for me... is it possible that this metric hasn't been included for the suite in the Admin Console? I know that a subset of metrics/dimensions can be applied to specific user groups... this feature allows you to "simplify" the experience for some of your users.. but can also limit your own options if the access isn't set up correctly.

Do you have access to https://adminconsole.adobe.com? I think this is where you might have to start the investigation into why this metric is missing for you.

Let me know if you need any more help there... 

Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have access to that area and i am an Admin, so there is no reason why i wouldn't see that metric.

However we are not using the standard AA implementation, we are using the XDM schema implementation via AEP...so maybe a bug on Adobe side.

Just raised a ticket with them, will update this thread once i get feedback and issue solved, so it can help other people.

Community Advisor

Good luck, I would love to hear back when you found a solution

Community Advisor

The Tracking Code Instances metric should still be available even if you're using AEP Web SDK for your tracking implementation.

Try searching for "Instances" to let Analysis Workspace show you all Instances metrics. Or since the Tracking Code variable's name could have been changed to something else, try searching for that name instead.

Level 1

Indeed is weird, but have searched for "instances" and can't find the one about campaign.

Also all classifications and variables for tracking code (the name of this variable in my implementation) are showing, just not the metric.

Waiting for Adobe reply on this

Correct answer by
Level 1

Ok, so problem solved after Adobe Support reply.

Apparently if you use the default name for the campaign variable (and do not change it), the dimensions and classifications will appear as "Tracking Code", however the metric appears as "Campaign Click Throughs".

Once you rename the campaign variable to some custom name, the metric is also renamed accordingly.

So i suppose it is a small bug from Adobe side that keeps different naming for that metric vs the variable unless you choose a custom name.

Anyway, problem solved.

Thanks for support