Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Track spent time of last visited page

Level 2

I want to know how much time a user spent on the last page of his journey.
Unfortunately, Adobe only measures this value for all visited pages - but not for the very last one.

Example:
On 21.03.2022, a known user has visited and he has scrolled until the bottom of the page and last there for 30 minutes. However, this is measured as follows:
With that, I cannot see if the content was interesting for the user or not. 

Can we integrate a rule somehow so that the time for the last visited page is measured as well?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Taksh,

I think, we don't have an option to check the active time in last page of the visit, as time spent on each page is calculated based on the duration from current to next page.

Probably, we can measure in any of the following ways.

1) You can implement a script to load whenever visitor closes the browser window to calculate time spent on last page. If user doesn't close the window and it starts the new session, then this approach will not help much in tracking accurate timing
2) You can implement using a timer to check if visitor crossed more than 30 seconds. This will help to find out if user is active for more than 30 seconds in a page. Again, user can be inactive by keeping his browser open. In that case, it will also not help much
3) You can also implement based on any visitor interactions like scrolling, video play (to check if user is active in last page)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Taksh,

I think, we don't have an option to check the active time in last page of the visit, as time spent on each page is calculated based on the duration from current to next page.

Probably, we can measure in any of the following ways.

1) You can implement a script to load whenever visitor closes the browser window to calculate time spent on last page. If user doesn't close the window and it starts the new session, then this approach will not help much in tracking accurate timing
2) You can implement using a timer to check if visitor crossed more than 30 seconds. This will help to find out if user is active for more than 30 seconds in a page. Again, user can be inactive by keeping his browser open. In that case, it will also not help much
3) You can also implement based on any visitor interactions like scrolling, video play (to check if user is active in last page)