Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Track "Next Page"

Level 2

Hi,

Can we track events indicating moving between pages for example, Wizards?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I again am making a bit of assumption here.. I am thinking you mean something like a multi-part form (something that may not "load" another page, but changes the content - almost like a Single Page Application)?

If this is what you mean, what I normally do in such situations is have our developers create a standard custom javascript event that triggers when the page moves forwards or backwards... this will often be accompanied by some data layer changes to indicate which "page" is being shown.... then I use a custom trigger in Adobe, using JS to create an event listener.

When the event is triggered, my adobe rule is fired, and I will process the data layer information and build out the tracking as I need it. Depending on what is happening, I can make this track as a "page view", or maybe I want to track it as an event (in most cases the decision sometimes is determined by "are new ads being loaded" since our AdOps team is definitely interesting in monitoring our Page Views in correlation with the Ad Impression data they get from the Ad Server. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I again am making a bit of assumption here.. I am thinking you mean something like a multi-part form (something that may not "load" another page, but changes the content - almost like a Single Page Application)?

If this is what you mean, what I normally do in such situations is have our developers create a standard custom javascript event that triggers when the page moves forwards or backwards... this will often be accompanied by some data layer changes to indicate which "page" is being shown.... then I use a custom trigger in Adobe, using JS to create an event listener.

When the event is triggered, my adobe rule is fired, and I will process the data layer information and build out the tracking as I need it. Depending on what is happening, I can make this track as a "page view", or maybe I want to track it as an event (in most cases the decision sometimes is determined by "are new ads being loaded" since our AdOps team is definitely interesting in monitoring our Page Views in correlation with the Ad Impression data they get from the Ad Server.