Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

SuperMetrics Integration Missing Classification Dimensions

Level 4

Good Morning,

We use SuperMetrics to compile Adobe Analytics information with other external sources. Starting in early March of this year, the 2.0 connector stopped showing our custom classification dimensions. We've been referencing these appropriately for the last few years and made no changes on our end.

SuperMetrics can't identify the issue and point towards Adobe security, we've gone through the technical account set-up and permissions and it doesn't seem to be problematic. 

• This is also reinforced by the fact that when establishing a new technical account connection, the custom classification dimensions show up initially, but after an hour or two they disappear from the connection.

Do any of you use SuperMetrics and have you experienced something similar? Or have any ideas off the top of your head? This is causing reporting issues currently and is a growing issue.

Thank you for your help

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, I don't have SuperMetrics, but that is a very odd behaviour you are describing...having them show up initially and then disappear... 

If it is a security issue, then Client Care might be able to determine what is happening, as they have more access to what is happening in the background.

Good Luck!

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @robertc66522596 --

I can totally understand this frustration. We've been consistently having some issues with SuperMetrics, not just with AA 2.0, but with our other data sources as well.

For AA, we try to minimize these types of disruptions by doing the following:

• Making sure you are connecting through the service account, not OAuth. I find the former is more stable, even though it does take a while for it to update if you make changes to your dimensions or metrics. I am assuming that permissions for the dimensions are already given to the service account email, but I will just mention that here to cover our bases. 
  • Refreshing the connection to the data source within the report if you run into the missing classifications. This *usually* addresses the issue for me (and also automatically refreshes the connection to the data for the rest of my reports using it, providing that they use the same connection/account). 

These are the only ones I can think of to address this right away. The third one is not really an option, but it is to wait. Sometimes, we run into issues with our Supermetrics connectors, try to diagnose it, get frustrated, and walk away....until to find out later that it resolved itself (which then causes even more frustrations).

If this is happening more frequently and the aforementioned solutions are no help, I would reach out to Client Care as @Jennifer_Dungan suggested to see if they can give you more insights on what is causing the API to misbehave.

Level 4

Thank you both for the suggestions and commiseration!

We met with the Supermetrics team again yesterday, but unfortunately we still don't have resolution.

• We did show them how to set up Classifications so that they can recreate the situation through their demo account, 

Good ideas @kayawalton  - thank you for sharing! Unfortunately, a refresh or even a brand new service account does not resolve the issue, with the metrics appearing, and then disappearing shortly later. Very bizarre. 

One interesting tidbit, when we use the credentials to hit AA directly through a different API, we do see the dimensions that are missing from the SuperMetrics API.

So we're going to give the SuperMetrics team a little more time and then involve client care if they don't make progress soon. I'll share more updates when I have them,

Thanks!