Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Sudden increase in Pageviews

Level 1

Did any of you notice a sudden increase in pageviews around October 21/22 2014? We saw almost double the pageviews and our bounce rate decreased from around 20% to around 4%. It almost seems like we have tag double loaded, but we are not.

Any idea why this may happen?

Thanks a lot,

Jeanine

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below doc and see if it helps you to troubleshoot spikes and drops in data:

http://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/spikes-and-drops.html

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Hi

Thanks for contacting .

I have to run few test report for which i need few information.

Please send me a mail on banga@adobe.com

Regards

Devinder

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below doc and see if it helps you to troubleshoot spikes and drops in data:

http://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/spikes-and-drops.html

Thanks!

Level 1

Just sent an email to you. Thanks so much!

Jeanine

Level 1

Thanks for the trouble shoot document! I checked - our website only calls for 1 image. And I only saw almost double in pageviews but not visits. So it's not technically a spike in "traffic" I guess?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeanine

Employee Advisor

Jeanine Jiang wrote...

Thanks for the trouble shoot document! I checked - our website only calls for 1 image. And I only saw almost double in pageviews but not visits. So it's not technically a spike in "traffic" I guess?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeanine

If you're seeing double page views but no increase in visits, I'm willing to bet money that its an implementation issue where you're calling multiple s.t() functions. I'd recommend going to a page where you see double page views but not visits, going to the source code on the page, and locating amongst all assets/code each instance where the s.t() or s.tl() function is present. Chances are, you'll find that somewhere there's a condition that can be met that calls either of these functions multiple times.

Level 5

Hi

Please check your private message.

Regards

Devinder