Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submitting the order data into AA from a shop management system

Level 3

We have our B2C site integrated with shop management system, ideal scenario - a shop guy would browser our site, add to cart, view cart(clickstream stops here), but submit order from their shop system. So hoping to capture order submission alone via bulk data insertion API(BDIA) with custID or cartID(as a common key).

When i went through BDIA I see an example use case, where ID/key was used to seed ECID, by flag '1'. BUT in my case I'll avoid another ECID by passing the ECID & custID or cartID(the same eVar before & after) retained from cartView step. So when I pass ECID or CartID, both as seed/key, and could I just turn down flag '0' - do not  use as ECID seed? would it work?

abhijithr_0-1713899287186.png

Any inputs/ suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank you

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Does your Shop Vendor send the user back to your site? Likely with a Transaction Id, and hopefully some post values about the purchase?

Instead of trying to map the data after the fact, you could track the successful purchase from success page that you host?

If you don't host this page, the only way to effectively be able to stitch data in after the fact is by having something that can map the imported data specifically to the user (i.e. via something like the ECID). Is your vendor able to help support your needs? Like can you pass the ECID to them so that they can capture it for your mapping process?

Level 3

hi Champ,

Unfortunately, it doesn't send back to the site(for us to close the loop) but I can  request to dispatch 1*1 pixel, but that's route not preferred as dependency on 20+ vendor systems and their varying timelines.

As an alternate, hoping our backend system could feed AA via bulk ingestion. I did mentioned ECID or cartID as key for mapping in my 2nd para above. Appreciate if you could confirm on that. Also on seed flag.

Community Advisor

While I've never used the bulk ingestion... from what I understand this should be possible to map the ECID or other identification to the user in Adobe (according to what I have read).

I am afraid I can't give you any practical knowledge (i.e. something like I did this last year and here are the steps).... but I found this Article that might be helpful:

https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/guides/endpoints/bulk-data-insertion/mcseed/

Good Luck! Let us know how you make out, and remember, test, test and test... this is an important flow, you want to be sure it's done correctly.