Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Store multiple related values in same eVar

Level 2

Hi I have a business case when a user clicks on a button we need to track the same product sku for three different category in the same eVar.

What is the best way to store it in same eVar and later on how to pull reports for this.

Currently, like product sku we have more than 20 similar variables coming from three different part of the website to be tracked in the single abode hit call. tracking them in different eVars will result in 20*3 = 60 distinct eVars and the call will be large.

please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The benefits of list variable is that you can store any type of value and classify them.

So use syntax like var1:value|var2:value2|var3:value3,value4

Note: I consider | is the delimiter configured in list var configuration view

Then in classification configuration for listx create a report for var1, var2 and var3

Then using classification rule builder you can create rule with regex:

^var1:(.*) then update classification report var 1 with $1

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I think you might want to track list variables. This will allow you to add unlimited amount of data and they will each be break down on one line item. Also you can apply classification on each independent value. 

Check this https://ecapacity.com/embrace-the-power-of-a-hidden-gem-in-adobe-analytics-the-list-variable/

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/manage-report-suites/edit-report...

Level 2

Hi Alexis, Thanks for the link, but i can't use list variable, since I need to do this for 20 more variables. Is there any other options we can go with?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The benefits of list variable is that you can store any type of value and classify them.

So use syntax like var1:value|var2:value2|var3:value3,value4

Note: I consider | is the delimiter configured in list var configuration view

Then in classification configuration for listx create a report for var1, var2 and var3

Then using classification rule builder you can create rule with regex:

^var1:(.*) then update classification report var 1 with $1

Hope this helps