Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

SPA DTM analytics pagename issue

Level 2

I am using Angular SPA with DTM.Using custom event based rules, I am able to get all my data including pageName, v41,v42 as correct. Now inside adobe editor, i am storing pagename to s.pageName and some hard-coded value to s.server. I have verified that all my data is correctly populating using OMNIBUG tool as server,pageName, v41 and v42.

Problem is coming in Omniture reporting, as server and page data are not coming through. Page-name data only showing SPA homepage in all page visits and server also coming as default from s.code and not the one i am passing from s.server. eVar/prop are all coming fine.Even if I do prop40=s.pageName/prop41=s.server, then in omniutre reporting i am seeing correct data populating in prop40/prop41 but not under Page and server. And again I cant use prop40/prop41 for pagename/server as its not a correct way to follow and PAGE-VISITS are ZERO in that case.

Any help how to get data in page/server in omniture for SPA or anything wrong in my implementation? Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

does your SPA dispatch an event on each new view/page or does it only fire once on load index.html?

this ideally would trigger an event rule that fires your primary call. OR you could trigger _satellite.pageBottom() on each new view. (this would allow for pageload calls) 

your tracking server should be configured in your adobe analytics `tool` in DTM

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

does your SPA dispatch an event on each new view/page or does it only fire once on load index.html?

this ideally would trigger an event rule that fires your primary call. OR you could trigger _satellite.pageBottom() on each new view. (this would allow for pageload calls) 

your tracking server should be configured in your adobe analytics `tool` in DTM

Level 2
yes i am usnig _satellite.pageBottom() and evnt based custom rules with events cofigured in angular SPA. Earlier, i was making s.tl() call, but replacing it with s.t() call resolved my problem for data was not populating pageName/server/page-views in Omniture and now it is. But the current problem is we need PageName on all SPA clicks (can be achieved by s.t() call ) , but the page-Views are not needed on all clicks. So, its like link-tracking needed only but with PageName data. I am struggling not to populate page-views on a s.t() call or vice-versa how to get PageName populated on s.tl() call. Again, omnibug shows all requests just fine but the issue comes in reports in omniture