Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Some Metrics & Dimensions Missing in Adobe CJA

Level 1

Our company has switched from Adobe Analytics workspace to Adobe CJA workspace. Since using the workspace I am seeing there are a lot of metrics/dimensions either replaced or missing. 

Example 1: There is no longer "Visit" available, we now have just the "Sessions".
Example 2:  We now don't see the "Exit Page" dimension.

These changes are affecting our reports. How can we add these metrics/dimensions back, or are there alternative solutions to get the same insights?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 4

@GavinSi great questions. 
Let me tell you briefly- 

• Adobe analytics has visits vs CJA is termed as sessions however the base definitions are still the same, in fact in the dataview if you want to rename the sessions to visits thats totally doable.
  • Adobe Analytics has certain dimensions like exists, exit page, bounce which you cannot get it in CJA. 
    Rather you can create derived fields using logic like previous page and index. I have done this and it works good. 
  • Not sure how exactly you are sending data into CJA, if its through the adobe analytics source connector then XDM schema is by default selected and you have to rename the events, evars in dataview in CJA. However if you are using webSDK then it should be fine, totally depends on how your org is considering doing the implementation.

Community Advisor

Hi @GavinSi - like gmadala mentioned, there are definitely differences in CJA.

Specifically for entry and exit dimensions, you can use persistence settings.  Create a duplicate copy of the dimension.  On the duplicate copy, adjust the persistence settings.  For entry page, you'd do first known / session.  For exit page, last known / session.

First Known will capture the first known value (not necessarily the first event and back/forward fill all events).

Last Known will capture the last known value (not necessarily the last event and back/forward fill all events).

Josh__Stephens_0-1723667924267.png

Level 1

Thanks, But I cant see any option to create a dimension in adobe CJA. I need the Exit Page dimension for my reporting purposes. How can I do that?

Community Advisor

Hi @GavinSi - you'll need to have access to edit the Data View.  If you do, see Adobe's documentation on managing data view components.  If you don't have access, you'll need to get that first.

Be aware, that changes you make to data view components impact all users of that data view.  High level, you'll want to duplicate the existing page dimension.  Switch to the newly created dimension, update the persistence, name, componentID, etc.  I'd also recommend hiding the component until it's been vetted.