Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Sharing Adobe IO projects with others

Level 3

Hello All, I was hoping you could help me.

I've been doing some work using the Adobe Analytic 2.0 API.  I've created an IO project, have added Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch to the IO project, have set up my public and private keys and have used postman to make a connection.  So from a set up perspective, i'm all set.

However, I now want to share my IO Project with another API users.  However when he logs into Adobe IO, he gets a 'read only' version of my IO project.  Which means he can not generate is how public and private key nor can he get what he needs to make a connection.

I understand that when I created the adobe IO project it created a 'techAccount' user within the Adobe Experience Platform.

Is there any way to share the Adobe IO Project with others?  or is the 'techAccount' association with the IO Project preventing me from sharing the project with others?

Any thoughts or ideas you have would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jlinhardt_blueAcorn What is the intent for sharing your Adobe I/O project? i'm trying to understand how will the other person end up using it? Will this be within postman or an app?. 

I'm assuming you have created a "service account" credentials within console, unlike Oauth service account are not linked to user. You will have to share the credentials in this case ( clientID, Secret, private key) with the user or use it in a custom application. 

Another option is create a separate public/private key for the user, navigate to workspace and the API to do this ( refer screenshot below) 

Anil_Umachigi_0-1666052612253.png

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jlinhardt_blueAcorn What is the intent for sharing your Adobe I/O project? i'm trying to understand how will the other person end up using it? Will this be within postman or an app?. 

I'm assuming you have created a "service account" credentials within console, unlike Oauth service account are not linked to user. You will have to share the credentials in this case ( clientID, Secret, private key) with the user or use it in a custom application. 

Another option is create a separate public/private key for the user, navigate to workspace and the API to do this ( refer screenshot below) 

Anil_Umachigi_0-1666052612253.png

Hope that helps. 

Community Advisor

Check that your colleague has been added as a "Developer" in the appropriate Adobe Analytics product profile. You'll need to ask your Adobe account admin to assist you with that.

To get to that "Developers" section: from adminconsole.adobe.com, navigate to Products > Adobe Analytics > the product profile where you have been added already > "Developers" tab.