Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segments - Creating Efficiencies and Reacting to Today's Email

Community Advisor

jeff_bloomer_0-1580491789010.png

This feels like a really stupid question, but based on the email we all received today, I'm highly interested in knowing if the checkbox above makes segments available across ALL report suites.  That would make things a bit easier (IN SOME WAYS) for me.  PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!

Any MVPs who know right off the bat?  This limitation of only 75 segments per Report Suite is going to be HIGHLY PROHIBITIVE and terribly problematic, especially for such a large organization like the one for whom I work!

Jeff Bloomer
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think that this checkbox has more to do with making the segment available to other products in the Experience Cloud (e.g. Target), and less to do with the segment being made available in other report suites. To share segments to a wider audience, you'll need to go to Components > Segments, select one or more segments via the checkbox, click the "Share" icon at the top of the page, and then choose the individuals/groups/all option. 

I did not receive an email about a 75 segment limit, and don't see it in the Release Notes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think that this checkbox has more to do with making the segment available to other products in the Experience Cloud (e.g. Target), and less to do with the segment being made available in other report suites. To share segments to a wider audience, you'll need to go to Components > Segments, select one or more segments via the checkbox, click the "Share" icon at the top of the page, and then choose the individuals/groups/all option. 

I did not receive an email about a 75 segment limit, and don't see it in the Release Notes.

Community Advisor
Good to know and thanks for the feedback. I also believe I figured out the answer to my question via some feedback I received from another colleague. I think I'm good to go, and your answer has pointed me in the right direction. If anyone has any questions based on the feedback provided here or otherwise, please message me or post a follow-up. Thanks!
Jeff Bloomer