Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment to show what error messages prevented a transaction

Level 1

Hello!

I am currently working on a segment to help identify what errors happen during a transaction that actively prevent a customer from completion. At the start of the transaction event X fires and on completion, event Y fires.

In the middle of this, some errors may occur that are a nuisance, but don't block the transaction. In essence, I want to rule out any customer who has successfully completed their transaction (when event Y fires).

Right now, I have a segment that is built out as follows:

All on the visit level. 

Event name = event X

then 

Error Message exists 

then 

An excluded container that contains Event name = Event Y. 

This segment is then used to show the error messages that happen throughout the journey within a freeform table. 

When I drop the event name dimension on the error name, however, I see Event Y coming up, which means that I am seeing people who completed their transaction.

The desired result here is that I only want to see people who don't get as far as Event Y. 

Any idea on how I may be able to achieve this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@nobetterdan,

Please try to change the logic of segment and see if it works --

Event name = event X

AND

Error Message exists 

ANd

Event Y does not exist.

Apply this segment on your error report. I think this logic will give the details of error of those visits where error was exist and user didn't completed the transaction.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Excludes can be tricky, you really have to pay attention to the scope of the segment and the nested containers.... 

On the surface, what you are showing looks fine... but I wonder if there are issues with maybe people filling out multiple forms? Maybe event Y was from a separate form submission prior to the this one with the error?

Do the number of "event Y" go down from the total when you apply your segment?  (as in, the number of event Y is reduced with your segment)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@nobetterdan,

Please try to change the logic of segment and see if it works --

Event name = event X

AND

Error Message exists 

ANd

Event Y does not exist.

Apply this segment on your error report. I think this logic will give the details of error of those visits where error was exist and user didn't completed the transaction.