Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment "more than one country"

Level 2

I'm trying to create a report with a segment that only includes visitors who visited from two or more countries. Creating the following segment doesn't work

Countries is greater than (Distinct Count) 1

I do see users with more than one country when breaking down a particular user by country, so it's really the segment which is not working. Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I created a segment for "Visitors > 1 Country" and it works as expected. Please file a Customer Care ticket if you are not seeing the expected results & include some examples. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

You can't create a segment with an embedded calculated metric, such as Approximate Count Distinct.

You could set up a cohort table with Countries on both the X and Y-axis and a metric like unique visitors. Unfortunately, this will only show visitors who saw both countries and will be incredibly clunky because there are so many countries.

Another option would be to create a visitor segment in which you require a visitor to have both a specific Countries value and not that specific Countries value (see screenshot). If you apply this segment to the unique visitors metric you will get the number of unique visitors that were associated with both the United States and another country. You can also create a calculated metric using this segment. Unfortunately, you'll need to pick a country to start.

1731732_pastedImage_3.png

Community Advisor

since yesterday, there is a new segment options exactly what you need: "distinct count"

see here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_operators.html

basically create a segment (visit) with condition "distict count countries > 1"

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I created a segment for "Visitors > 1 Country" and it works as expected. Please file a Customer Care ticket if you are not seeing the expected results & include some examples. Thanks!

Level 2

What's bizarre is that I don't have access to Visitors in the segment building. I've contacted Adobe support to figure this out. I'm an admin and have access to each and every metric.

Employee Advisor

BernardoC​ "unique visitors" is not a segmentable metric. Instead, you should choose the "Visitor" container and then build out your criteria for what types of visitors you are looking for within that container.