Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Segment for visits thats include a specific page type only once within a visit

Level 1

Hi, 

I want to create a segment for users who viewed one of two specific pageTypes in their visit (lets call these pageType A and pageType B). I am currently using a visit level segment that excludes hits where previous pageType = A or B, and another container where pagetype = A or B. When I apply this segment within a flow diagram (with my dimension being pagetype) this still returns pagetype A and B in subsequent hits. 

Any guidance on how to return visits that viewed pageType A or B only once would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Okay, sorry about that.. we had to make this a little bit more complex (I'm a bit jet-lagged at the moment)

VISIT

Container (HIT)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

AND

EXCLUDE Container (VISIT)

Container (HIT)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

THEN

Container (HIT)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

Basically, you are looking for Visits that contain Page A or B, but you are excluding Visits that have Page A or B THEN Page A or B....

This should get you want you are looking for.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @rtrwrwer 

I deleted the earlier response I missed the part where you are just looking for once viewed.

Try sequencing in this case.

Create a visit level segment. Within that, create a hit level segment checking for pagetype A or B and then create another hit container with the same condition. In the small clock icon where you can add 'then' condition, add withing 1 Visit. This will give you all the folks who did view it more than once. If you create an exclusion on the above, you should get the numbers you are looking for.

Here's a link that should help:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-...

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

I agree with the sequence suggestion...

I think you want the following:

Saw either A OR B, once (then didn't see either A or B again in the visit)

So

• Page A > Page C > Page include
  • Page B > Page C > Page include
  • Page A > Page C > Page B > Page don't include
  • Page B > Page A > Page C > Page don't include
  • Page A > Page C > Page A > Page don't include
  • Page B > Page C > Page D > Page B: don't include

Right?

So you should be able to do something like:

VISIT

Hit Container (you could also use a single "equals any of", but this is more readable)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

THEN

EXCLUDE VISIT

Hit Container (you could also use a single "equals any of", but this is more readable)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

You would have to test this, but in theory this should exclude all visits that contain a second instance of A or B

Level 1

Hi Both, 

Thanks for your response, much appreciated. I tried doing what has been suggested, but it returns zero visits, and the segment builder shows an error saying that it is not a valid input:

rtrwrwer_0-1700669788691.png

Community Advisor

Remove the "Within 1 Visit"... just "THEN" should be enough.... 

"Within 1 Visit" is now trying to look at this, and the next visit, which is outside the scope of the VISIT level segment.

Level 1

the same issue persists with or without the "within" applied

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Okay, sorry about that.. we had to make this a little bit more complex (I'm a bit jet-lagged at the moment)

VISIT

Container (HIT)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

AND

EXCLUDE Container (VISIT)

Container (HIT)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

THEN

Container (HIT)

Page equals Page A

OR

Page equals Page B

Basically, you are looking for Visits that contain Page A or B, but you are excluding Visits that have Page A or B THEN Page A or B....

This should get you want you are looking for.

Level 1

Hi Jennifer, yes that is working! Thanks so much for your help it is much appreciated!

Community Advisor

Happy to help I'm glad it's working for you now.