Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

s.tl() call issue

Level 3

Hi,

It is a MVC implementation. I am getting an error "Caution: Provisional Headers are shown" while sending image request.

The tags are not reaching the adobe servers.

Here is the code

s.linkTrackVars = "eVar12,eVar8,events";
                        s.linkTrackEvents = "event2";

s.eVar12 = 'AgentID|State|TestGroup|Agency manager code| agent type|PFR status';   
                        s.evar8 = 'Presentation' OR 'Magazine' OR 'Video';
                        s.events = "event2";

s.tl(true, 'o', LinkName);

Can anybody advise?

[img]Error.png[/img]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

devinderbanga wrote...

Hi

Sitecatalyst requires 500ms minimum to send/record image to the server. This might answer your query.

If this 500ms breaks than it result into an error in image or failure data transition to the server, where everything seems to be right (no js error) except your data doesn't recorded on the server.

I suggest to incorporate 500ms delay (refer to the http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/function_tl.html).

Sometimes click on the button(redirection) happened so quick that it breaks the data transmission to avoid this situation we place a delay.

Regards

Devinder

Thanks Devinder

I need to use "s.tl(this, 'o', link)" in lieu of "s.tl(true, 'o', link)”  to introduce the delay. I can not use "this" because my button does not have anchor or href tag.

So my option is to create anchor tag for the button on the fly before using "s.tl(this, 'o', link)" OR use 500ms external delay for the function that calls "s.tl(true, 'o', link)”.

Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Hi

Please check for any javascript error on load of the page.

Regards

Devinder

Level 1

Hi Sameer, 

please try with this code:
(you had some issues)

s.linkTrackVars = "eVar12,eVar8,events";

s.linkTrackEvents = "event2";
s.eVar12 = 'AgentID|State|TestGroup|Agency manager code| agent type|PFR status';   
s.eVar8 = 'Presentation' || 'Magazine' || 'Video';
s.events = "event2";
s.tl(true, 'o', 'LinkName');

Regards

Dani

Level 3

Thanks Dani,

I already have a single quote before LinkName. Also the strings that I fill into evars and props are just examples. E.g. eVar8 could be 'Presensetation' If use clicks on Presentation Button.

There is nothing wrong with code.

This code executes on the click of the button. Also, if I put some delay, the error goes away.

I need to know if that is the legitimate solution.

Regards

Level 5

Hi

Sitecatalyst requires 500ms minimum to send/record image to the server. This might answer your query.

If this 500ms breaks than it result into an error in image or failure data transition to the server, where everything seems to be right (no js error) except your data doesn't recorded on the server.

I suggest to incorporate 500ms delay (refer to the http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/function_tl.html).

Sometimes click on the button(redirection) happened so quick that it breaks the data transmission to avoid this situation we place a delay.

Regards

Devinder

Level 3

devinderbanga wrote...

Hi

Regards

Devinder

Thanks Devinder

I need to use "s.tl(this, 'o', link)" in lieu of "s.tl(true, 'o', link)”  to introduce the delay. I can not use "this" because my button does not have anchor or href tag.

So my option is to create anchor tag for the button on the fly before using "s.tl(this, 'o', link)" OR use 500ms external delay for the function that calls "s.tl(true, 'o', link)”.

Regards

Correct answer by
Level 3

devinderbanga wrote...

Hi

Regards

Devinder

Thanks Devinder

Regards

Level 5

Hi

Yes,you need to delay request by 500ms.

Regards

Devinder