Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report Builder Tab Greyed Out

Level 2

I recently upgraded to Report Builder 5 for Excel because I needed access to new segments created from SiteCatalyst in Excel reports.

However after running a report builder query, the Excel tab gets greyed out (see image attached) and disables my ability to use report builder for that session.

With report builder 4.7, this occurred frequently and I could also "re-enable" report builder by simply saving the sheet using CTRL+S. However in Report Builder 5, this workaround is not working.

Any help would be appreciated. The features of 5.0 are very valuable so I want to hold off upgrading if there is a quick fix or workaround I can use to alleviate this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Thank you very much. If possible would you please submit the issue through Customer Care with detailed steps and queries you are running? Then we can track that issue in our internal system. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

ARB toolbar bar with menu items gets greyed out when user runs a query, and that is the normal behavior. But after process complete they should come back enabled. Would you please provide more details about combination of OS and MS office version, as well as about particular query running on ARB so that we can try to repro that issue? Thanks.

Level 2

I understand it greys out when running a query, however after the query, data is returned, but it remains greyed out meaning no other features of ARB can be used unless I close the spreadsheet and reopen. I'm using Windows 7 Professional x64 with Microsoft Office Professional Plus v.14. 32-bit.

Correct answer by
Employee

Thank you very much. If possible would you please submit the issue through Customer Care with detailed steps and queries you are running? Then we can track that issue in our internal system. Thanks. 

Level 2

I'm not sure how to open a Customer Care case. The last time I checked it was necessary to be an official company supported user in order to use more official support channels.

What I have done in the meanwhile is install the Microsoft Office 2013 Trial which ARB works fine in. I still think you should log a bug on the fact there appears to be an issue with Office 2010, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to do so.