Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder- importing dashboards

Level 1

In Report Builder, when importing Dashboards, can you pull in html and xml external reports?  when doing so, i get a prompt that "This Bookmark is not supported". 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Okay,  I investigated a bit more.

I was able to get it working for one reportlet, but not the others. I checked the API call, and seems that is what is failing. The API calls bookmarks.GetReportDescription with the reportlet ID and the error is returned.

Looks like either the issue is with the API function, or the ID being referenced is incorrect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Report builder and dashboards are 2 separate tools completely independent of each other. They cannot be shared across each other in essence.

If you have a dashboard with multiple re-portlets in it. You will then have to re create it using the report builder interface. You may even find in a few rare instances one cannot be reproduced easily in the other.

good luck

Employee Advisor

I tried, and got the same error when trying to import dashboards' reportlets.

However, remember that the reportlets are simply reports configured from existing reports, and can be recreated in Report Builder fairly easily.

As for the error, I would recommend letting the Customer Care know about it so the further tests can be done and the engineering performed.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Okay,  I investigated a bit more.

I was able to get it working for one reportlet, but not the others. I checked the API call, and seems that is what is failing. The API calls bookmarks.GetReportDescription with the reportlet ID and the error is returned.

Looks like either the issue is with the API function, or the ID being referenced is incorrect.