Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report Builder Filtering Issue

Level 1

Hi,

I am currently experiencing an issue with trying to remove certain terms from the dataset when exporting data from Adobe Analytics to Excel.

I have filtered by the top 10 terms but then filtered the results again by selecting the options 'does not contain any term "text"' and 'does not contain the phrase "text"' to try and remove these terms, but the certain "text" terms I am trying to remove from the results still then appear in the list.

Does anybody know why this is continuing to happen and how I can remove the results I do not wish to appear from the final data?

Thanks
Jack

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Try using the AND operator instead of OR.

Say for example you have the filter "doesn't contain A" OR "doesn't contain B". If you have the value of B in the variable, it matches the rule of "doesn't contain A" so it doesn't get filtered.

If you had the filter "doesn't contain A" AND "doesn't contain B", having the value of B is not included in the filter, because it does not meet the criteria.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you post a screenshot of the advanced filter menu you're using? I'm fairly certainly we're looking at either a simple oversight or a bug.

Level 1

I've attached a screenshot of the Report Builder filter. 

As you can see, for this attempt, I tried to remove the phrases 'galaxy s5', 'The New HTC One (M8)' and 'iPhone 5c 8GB', but then when I select OK and go back to the report, these terms are still appearing. 

I have also tried this with not containing the terms, and that hasn't seemed to work either. 

A quick note, when I removed the phrase 'galaxy s5', what appeared in the results was 'Galaxy S5' capitalised, and then when I tried to remove the phrase with capitals, it brought back the term without them. I've tried matching this up to exactly the way it is written in the Analytics results, but that didn't work either. 

Hope this screenshot helps to give you a better idea. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Try using the AND operator instead of OR.

Say for example you have the filter "doesn't contain A" OR "doesn't contain B". If you have the value of B in the variable, it matches the rule of "doesn't contain A" so it doesn't get filtered.

If you had the filter "doesn't contain A" AND "doesn't contain B", having the value of B is not included in the filter, because it does not meet the criteria.