Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Remove opt out option from scheduled report?

Level 1

Is it possible to remove or change the opt out option from the scheduled projects reports?

The link is pretty dominant in the email and unfortunately it is accidentally clicked on a bit to often.

We have 200+ people that we email the report to via a email group and when one clicks the button it opts out the whole group from the emails.

I am unable to find anywhere where i can remove the option so any help with be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Philip.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I just confirmed with Engineering the behavior of the unsubscribe button for Scheduled Workspace project emails. The link will unsubscribe the single email recipient.  It does not cancel the schedule, and it does not unsubscribe the entire recipient list.

If you are not seeing this behavior, please file a ticket with Customer Care to have it looked into further.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

The ability to hide the unsubscribe link from emails is currently only in legacy report scheduler under advanced delivery options. It has not been added to workspace yet.

(cc jen.lasser​)

Level 1
Please add it to workspace, we're facing exactly the same issue and it the scenario described by Philip happens on a weekly basis

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I just confirmed with Engineering the behavior of the unsubscribe button for Scheduled Workspace project emails. The link will unsubscribe the single email recipient.  It does not cancel the schedule, and it does not unsubscribe the entire recipient list.

If you are not seeing this behavior, please file a ticket with Customer Care to have it looked into further.

Thanks!

Level 1

Aware this is an old thread, but as per some of the other comments below, we use a single email distribution list under 1 email address with 200+ people on it (who are not all Adobe users), so this stops the report sending to everyone - can we disable the "opt out" section?

Level 1

We are facing exactly the same issue here. Not sure if Adobe has completely understood the problem. 

@adobe: please provide an option in the project scheduler to either disable the opt-out link completely or to show this link only for registered Adobe users. 

Employee Advisor

To further elaborate, instead of sending the scheduled report to an email distribution list, a more effective way would be to enter the email addresses inside of Adobe Analytics. That way, when an individual user unsubscribes, they unsubscribe themselves instead of the entire DL.

Level 1

That's not an effective and neither a practical solution for huge distribution lists (>100 recipients) that are maintained in our company backend systems. 

Level 2

OK - if that is the suggestion, what is the best way to add 200+ emails into the scheduled reports?  Is there a way to paste them in with a delimiter?