Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Regex in adobe segments

Level 1

Hi there

I was wondering if it were possible to use regex for adobe segments - I saw a response from a few years ago saying there wasn't currently functionality for this. Was just wondering if this was possible to a greater extent now.

Thanks and kind regards

Julian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Building on @Brian_Johnson_'s answer:

AA's backend has a technical limitation that prevents regex from being used. Apparently, allowing regex would cause a massive slowdown in AA's querying speed.

That's quite a bummer, considering how regex is so powerful and widely used for filtering in most other systems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 8

@JR16  - Unfortunately, regex is still not an option. The closest option seems to be the "matches" operator that supports the use of wildcards:

evolytics_brian_0-1632488221147.png

Full list of available operators: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segment-reference/seg-oper...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Building on @Brian_Johnson_'s answer:

AA's backend has a technical limitation that prevents regex from being used. Apparently, allowing regex would cause a massive slowdown in AA's querying speed.

That's quite a bummer, considering how regex is so powerful and widely used for filtering in most other systems.