Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Referring Domains not Populating

Level 3

I have configured what I think is the correct setup for capturing Referring Domain into Adobe Analytics via Launch.

Data Element

Name: Page Info - Referring Domain

Extension: Core

Data Element Type: Page Info

Default Value: Undefined

Force lowercase and Clean text are unchecked

Storage Duration: Session

Attribute: Referrer

Extension > Adobe Analytics > Global Variables > Referrer > %Page Info - Referring Domain%

I have verified that the Referrer value is being populated in the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger, but I am not seeing any of these values being captured in Adobe Analytics > Reports > Referrers Report, Referring Domains or Original Referring Domains.

Please see attached screenshots.

I have verified these configurations with our Implementation Partner as correct.

Any ideas on what is missing?

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.36.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.35.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 3.15.08 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks mattb6639036​,

So that's the issue. Remove '.' and add domains that are internal to your organization. You will see the reports populating correctly as expected, going forward.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi mattb6639036​,

As a first step, could you check if internal URLs are correctly populated in Admin -> Report Suites -> select the report suite -> Edit Settings -> General -> Internal URL Filters?

Level 3

Nothing is currently populated in this area beyond what is shown in the screenshot below. 

The 1 Report Suite identified in the "Applies To" column is our Production environment and NOT the one I am using currently; we are currently sending data to a Staging Report Suite to hone our configurations. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 12.25.11 PM.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks mattb6639036​,

So that's the issue. Remove '.' and add domains that are internal to your organization. You will see the reports populating correctly as expected, going forward.

Hope this helps!

Level 3

Looks like that did the trick.  Thanks!