Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Receiving Visits, but nothing else.

Level 1

I am seeing about 10% or so of my traffic coming in that isn't being tracked as anything but a visit. No customer evars or sprops are firing, not out of the box tracking, accept for location information. I do get page name, but not the assigned pagename in the html scode. It has been defaulted to the URL.

My developers and I are hard pressed to find why this is happening. My assumption is that the variables in the s. functions are empty or blank, but I"m not sure how that could be happening. Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This can happen if the s variable is being overwritten somewhere in your code. To find where it is happening, add an assert to doPlugins:

s.usePlugins=true function s_doPlugins(s) { console.assert(s.pageName, "pagename is empty"); // ..other code that may or may not be here already } s.doPlugins=s_doPlugins

This will output a stack trace to the console so you can see where the call came from. After you find the call, add a call to s_gi to reset s to the global AppMeasurement object: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/function_s_gi.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jesse,

Can you please confirm what kind of implementation it is (JavaScript, Android, IOS)... Is it is mobile and you are using SDK 4.x remember that it can only use ContextData and therefore processing rules needs to be used

Can you send an example of image request please ? 

I will be happy to help you but I need more details.

If it is easier for you contact me via Twitter : @AlexisAnalytics

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Correct answer by
Employee

This can happen if the s variable is being overwritten somewhere in your code. To find where it is happening, add an assert to doPlugins:

s.usePlugins=true function s_doPlugins(s) { console.assert(s.pageName, "pagename is empty"); // ..other code that may or may not be here already } s.doPlugins=s_doPlugins

This will output a stack trace to the console so you can see where the call came from. After you find the call, add a call to s_gi to reset s to the global AppMeasurement object: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/function_s_gi.html