Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Reason for Data Variance in Adobe Analytics Workspace

Level 3

When pulling historical data in Adobe Analytics Workspace—specifically, when extracting monthly data for a past period such as 2023—I’ve noticed that the figures differ between when the data was pulled last week, yesterday, and today. This discrepancy occurs even though I'm not pulling data for recent dates but for a fully historical period. The segment, data extraction period, and all other settings remain identical, yet the numbers are inconsistent. (metrics are visits, entries)

The difference in numbers is usually minor, with a variance of 1 or 2, but in some cases, it can be slightly more, even exceeding 10. Could you please clarify why these discrepancies are occurring?

I understand that data might be subject to modifications, but I would like to know what factors contribute to these data revisions. Additionally, could you clarify how far back these modifications can affect historical data?

I consulted with ChatGPT, and it suggested that the following factors could cause data variations:

• Data latency and processing times
  • Bot filtering
  • VISTA rules
  • Anomaly detection
  • Late arriving hits

However, after reviewing the relevant Adobe official documentation, I couldn’t find any specific mention of these factors leading to changes in fully historical data.

1 Reply

Level 2

Are you looking at specific metrics here? And what did you use to extract the data? (data warehouse, report builder).