Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Popular Now" Latency Issue

Level 1
So, here is what happens when Adobe goes latent:

We have an API built that pulls in visits in the last 24 hours by content ID.

The top 5 content IDs based on visits get featured in our Popular Now section.

When Adobe's processing goes latent, the Popular Now feature becomes stagnant and new pieces of content, no matter how popular, will not be featured as visits are processed data.

Do any of the new API features allow for accessing unprocessed metrics other than Page Views?  (Maybe entries or best case, visits)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alex,

A couple things I'd recommend:

• 'Current Data' should have very little to no latency. If you're not already using that, i'd highly recommend it.
  • If you're already using the current data feature in the API and that's still not working for you, you can work with your Account Manager in establishing an SLA on certain report suites.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi

Is API hits on sitecatalyst each time when page gest refresh/loads for the popular now content.

Regards

Devinder

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alex,

A couple things I'd recommend:

• 'Current Data' should have very little to no latency. If you're not already using that, i'd highly recommend it.
  • If you're already using the current data feature in the API and that's still not working for you, you can work with your Account Manager in establishing an SLA on certain report suites.