Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

"Count repeat instances: No" for workspace flow-project

Level 1

In Ad Hoc Analysis there is an option in the "FLOW" -report to count multiple sequential elements either as one or multiple instances of the variable. How can I do this in the regular Adobe Analytics workspace project? 

I need to create a segment from a specific flow, but the flow project won't allow me to count automatic page refreshes as a single instance. 

Any ideas if that "Count repeat instances: No" can be replicated in Analytics workspace flow projects?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

No sorry I'm not aware of any methods to strip reloads out of it this now other than maybe exclude hits where reload >= 1 ? Not sure if this would work though as I haven't tried it out.

Hopefully the update to strip out reloads will be coming soon!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Hi if you go in to AW and go to project - project info & settings you'll find the option in there.

Although note that at present this option doesn't apply to flow and fallout visuals but is to be fixed in a future release.

Level 1

Thank you very much! I have been googling this for days! Do you know is there a way to replicate it in segment creator since I can't use the flow visual to create the segment? 

Correct answer by
Level 7

No sorry I'm not aware of any methods to strip reloads out of it this now other than maybe exclude hits where reload >= 1 ? Not sure if this would work though as I haven't tried it out.

Hopefully the update to strip out reloads will be coming soon!

Level 1

Excluding reload segment did not work for me, since looks like it does not apply to previous or next steps, so it still shows up, but in with a decreased amount. Seems this has to be solved by Adobe as a feature.

Please let me know if you managed to make a workaround

Misi