Expand my Community achievements bar.

Question on Conditional Segments

Level 2

My team runs campaigns through adobe target and I tend to do reporting on the campaigns performance. 

Question Context:

There are 3 campaigns and i created a segment for each campaign which I am gonna use in the rows in a freeform table. Each campaign has a redirect id that gets populated into a prop variable if only impression happens and the same redirect id gets populated into a evar variable if the user clicks on the campaign CTA. I measure unique visitors and impressions for the hits using prop variable. And I measure the down stream metrics - app starts(event 123) and app submits(event 234) using the evar variable.

Segments for the 3 campaigns are built in the below fashion: (Hit level Segments)

Campaign 1 - (prop 34 contains OPA_72464) or (Evar 1 = OPA_72464)

Campaign 2 - (prop 34 contains OPA_72465) or (Evar 1 = OPA_72465)

Campaign 3 - (prop 34 contains OPA_72466) or (Evar 1 = OPA_72466)

OPA_72464, OPA_72465, OPA_72466 are ids given to each of the campaigns. Every campaign will have a unique id.

Question:

I have 3 campaigns (3 segments as rows in the freeform table) and 4 metrics as columns. I want to create only 1 freeform table achieving this. I have created the table but the problem I am facing is because of the multiple campaign segments. Can I create a segment in adobe which works on a condition that I can use in the columns over the metrics? Please help.

8 Replies

Level 4

@Venky235 if possible, can you share the logic of each segment and where appropriate screenshots.This will help in providing relevant suggestions/workaround

Level 2

I updated the logic used to create each segment. Cannot provide screenshots.Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

When you have multiple conditions that you want to include, it's important to check if you're using visit or hit level for your containers. In the case of using or statements, you could use multiple containers to keep it separate (might make it easier to read), or you could put everything in a single container.

Basically it would look like

HIT / VISIT

prop34 = OPA_72464

OR

prop34 = OPA_72465
     OR

evar1 = OPS_72464

etc....

You can just add all of your conditions and then set your segment as visit or hit level depending on what you're trying to return. If you need to then break it down by campaign, you can use the dimensions to break it down and see which campaign is driving each metric.

I'm not sure if that is exactly what you're trying to get it.

I second @MandyGeorge's suggestion. Using your prop and eVar conditions with OR logic should get you what you need (unless we are misunderstanding the question).

You can even group each prop/eVar into containers... (all using OR inside and outside of the container)... it won't change the logic since it's all the same operator, but it can make it easier to read (especially if you rename the containers)

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1730002328495.png

Level 4

I concur with @MandyGeorge if all campaigns track the same metrics, your freeform table will look as below example

juliusonyancha_0-1729842978963.png

Level 2

Hi All,

I have 2 variables in adobe analytics - prop 34 and evar 1. Redirect ID is the value that gets into these 2 variables based on a condition. Prop 34 is traffic variable and evar 1 is a conversion variable. Some sample Redirect IDs are OPA_72464, OPA_72465, OPA_72466. My team runs campaigns through adobe target into client's website. Each campaign has a unique redirect ID. Whenever a campaign is viewed by the customer on the website, prop 34 gets the redirect id value of that campaign. If a customer clicks on the campaign's CTA, evar 1 gets the redirect ID's value.

I have 3 campaigns running in mobile app and website together. I have 4 events to measure as metrics. Whenever a campaign is viewed, event 317 and event 318 are triggered. If a campaign is clicked, event 163 and event 164 are triggered.

In a single hit, we can have both prop 34 and evar 1 with values. Also, for example, hits with prop 34 value as OPA_72464 can have evar 1 with many different redirect IDs.

For a particular campaign with redirect ID OPA_72464, Event 317 and event 318 should only be measured on hits where prop 34 has OPA_72464. Event 163 & event 164 can only be measured where hits with evar 1 has OPA_72464.

I have created 3 segments to capture all the hits for the 3 campaigns like below:

Campaign 1: prop 34 = OPA_72464 or evar 1 = OPA_72464
Campaign 2: prop 34 = OPA_72465 or evar 1 = OPA_72465

Campaign 3: prop 34 = OPA_72466 or evar 1 = OPA_72466

I want to create a single freeform table in adobe analytics where i should be able to measure all the metrics event 317,318 and event 163,164. Can you please tell me how to do it?

I just read and replied to your other question. This one is similar, but I think this is more focused on the events. 

If each evar/prop only fires with certain events, even adding them to a segment isn't going to change that. But what you can do instead, is create a calculated metric. If you know that the events are mutually exclusive (ex evar 1 only fires with event1 and evar 2 only fires with event2), you could make a metric adding up event 1 and event 2, and then you should see the total of them together. Now, things to keep in mind is if these events can fire together, you would end up with double counting. In a case like that you would need to make a segment first to count hits where event 1 or 2 fires, and then add that to the metric.

I've merge your two questions together, as these are dealing with essentially the same topic and the same dimensions in your implementation.