Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Query Regarding Adobe Analytics Product String Extension

Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a query regarding product string extension. I have an ecommerce implementation and I'm using Adobe Analytics Product String extension and I have passed scAdd through s.products and its not working as expected.

Help is highly apprechiated.

nsrivastava_0-1704736481284.png

Thanks,

Raj

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't use this extension myself, but if the code is live, would you be willing to share a URL (even via direct messaging) where I could see the "Add to Cart" in action, so I can see what is being sent?

Just to confirm, "not working as expected" could be subjective, would be able to elaborate what you expect to see, and what you actually see?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't use this extension myself, but if the code is live, would you be willing to share a URL (even via direct messaging) where I could see the "Add to Cart" in action, so I can see what is being sent?

Just to confirm, "not working as expected" could be subjective, would be able to elaborate what you expect to see, and what you actually see?

Community Advisor

So, I'm on the site (thank you for sending that), and found a product to add... and I can see what you mean...

I see scAdd in the events, but there's no product at all... I can also see that when I check your Data Element (productSku, as per your screenshot) there is a value there... unless it's somehow only available after the "add to cart" has occurred... 

To be honest, I'm not generally a big fan of a lot of these "extensions" to make things easier.. I find you lose a lot of control over what is happening...

How comfortable are you with JavaScript... while I could attempt to figure out this plugin (by installing it on a test property, and spending time trying to make it work for me so I can help you), if you are decent with coding I could probably walk you through trying to fix this issue without using the extension a lot faster....